- 1 French baguette, sliced
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup Balsamic vinegar
- about a handful of almond slivers
- freshly ground black pepper
Pour the vinegar in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and continue cooking, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until vinegar thickens so that it’s close to a honey consistency. Let cool.
- Bake the French baguette slices until toasted. If desired, place under the broiler for about a minute on both sides, make sure you don’t burn them.
- Spread some yogurt over each slice, then top with strawberries and chopped basil. Drizzle a bit of the balsamic reduction over each slice and top with slivered almonds for a bit of crunch. Finish off with some freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of JoCooks