Families across the U.S. have welcomed Elf on the Shelf, Mensch on a Bench or other toys to get their kids to embrace good behavior around the holidays. But the elves and their pals don’t have to limit their lessons to the season – why not use them to promote good oral health habits?
Here are a few ways your little helper can keep your child off the naughty list and on the “Nice Smile” list.
- Place the elf on the bathroom counter with a toothbrush and a reminder to brush for the full two minutes twice a day.
- Wrap the elf in dental floss and leave a note about flossing daily. Dental floss also makes a great elf zip line.
- Put a tiny cup of mouthwash next to the elf with a reminder to rinse.
- Have the elf leave a new, fun flavor of toothpaste in the bathroom.
- Encourage healthy snacking by perching the elf on the edge of the fruit bowl. Add googly eyes to the apples and oranges for a fun twist.
- The elf can also promote nutritious snacks by sitting in the fridge with a stick of string cheese or some baby carrots.
- Have your elf sit on the faucet in the kitchen as a reminder to drink more water.
Whether you have Elf on the Shelf, Mensch on a Bench or other holiday helpers, have fun figuring out how they can encourage your kids to take care of their smiles. Happy holidays!